Drugs for Neglected Diseases initative (DNDi) and the Leishmaniasis East African Platform (LEAP) organise the virtual conference:
Scientific innovation and access for leishmaniasis management
2 - 4 November 2021
The conference pre-announcement is available here.
Abstract submission deadline: 27 August 2021 at 11:30pm East Africa Time (EAT)
More information is available on the DNDi website.
The LEAP Conference brings together scientists, researchers, policy makers, public health practitioners and civil society to discuss the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, control, and elimination of leishmaniasis.
The conference is organized by DNDi and LEAP (a clinical research network that brings together experts from leishmaniasis endemic countries in eastern Africa to facilitate clinical testing and improved access to better treatments for leishmaniasis patients).
Scientific fields covered
Submission of abstracts in the following scientific tracks are welcome:
- Track 1 – Leishmaniasis: Basic science, translational research, and vaccine development
- Track 2 – Advances in R&D and access, diagnosis, and treatment for leishmaniasis
- Track 3 – Leishmaniasis prevention, epidemiology, vector control and elimination
- Track 4 – The impact of Covid-19 on leishmaniasis research
The tracks shall cover cutaneous, mucocutaneous, and visceral leishmaniasis forms, post-kala azar dermal leishmaniasis, HIV/VL co-infection, as well as ethics and regulatory issues.
Delegates who would like to present their work at the conference are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the conference Scientific Committee.
• All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
• Abstracts should be based on any of the scientific tracks listed in the call for abstracts or related areas and the work must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the conference.
• If you encounter any problems during the submission process or you do not receive any confirmation by email, please contact the conference secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• e-Posters should be a single page PPT slide in portrait format – more details on how to submit your e-Poster will be provided.
All abstract must be received through the online abstract submission form on or before the deadline.
Participants can submit abstract via email to email@example.com